FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has NW already cut schedules down South?
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2001, 10:23 pm
mbluecpa

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by speechguy2:

Wondering if anyone knows when this changeover happened (it had to be in the last 6 months) and whether places like BTR will get back the full jet service? (Not holding out huge amount of hope, but...)
</font>
I can't pinpoint the exact changeover date, but I'm pretty sure it was Feb. or March. The service was downgraded from DC9 (100 seats) on NW to ARJ (69 seats) with NW/Mesaba. In my experience, the larger planes usually went out with pretty lousy load factors. Good news (for elites at least) is that the ARJ has 16 seats in F and much better seat pitch throughout.

As of September 1, NW/Express Airlines I is adding a 50 passenger CRJ mid-afternoon from BTR-MEM.

As far as large jet service to our fair city, I'm not holding my breath. A couple of DL's flights have been downgraded to Comair CRJs and CO is VERY slow to switch those horrible ATRs to regional jets. CO is, however, adding a 737 in August or September for a morning departure to IAH and evening return.