FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The trip of trips!! FRWSTAR2 around the world! 57 days, 34 flights, and a few trains…
Old Dec 8, 2006, 9:16 am
jacob_m

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
I got a private message two days ago from an FTer who asked me if I could post a photo of the amenity kit on Swiss in F.
This has been done, and the photo is available in the HKG-ZRH instalment.

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Thanks again for this, this was really fantastic. Would you mind to upload the full story eg as PDF to the net? I would really love to have it without any remarks in between as pure food for reading. Thanks!
If you just want to read the story without the comments you can go to the first page of the report where I have created a table of contents.
Just click on whatever you want to read and the instalment will open in a new window, without any comments.
It should be pretty easy to print it from there for example.
I'll have a look if anything else can be done.

Originally Posted by Jensine
How much did the ticket cost? Maybe you have mentioned it, but I could not find it. Great report! Very interesting.
The fare for FRWSTAR2 (34000 miles) ex-Sweden was 73690 SEK which equals roughly 10800 USD with today's exchange rate.
On top of that I had to pay around 8000 SEK in taxes and charges (1180 USD).
Quite a lot in taxes, but in all fairness I had 22 segments included in the itinerary.

Unfortunately they raised all the RTW prices just a few weeks before I made the booking, but Sweden is still one of the cheapest countries for RTW tickets and this was by no means a bad deal.