FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Seat Structure of LH Planes
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2003, 4:45 pm
tags

New Seat Structure of LH Planes

Hello dear fellow travellers,

how are you? Hey, I just wanted to get your feedback on this.

LH has a new "BESTUHLUNG" - new seat structure - tapped for all aircraft. I find that the domestic planes carrying the new seat structure are horrible. They get 5 more pax through narrowing the seats and aisles....I flew a couple of times with the new seats and find them MOST DISGUSTING!!!!!!! If I had to pay a full paid C class ticket and would get such a seat, I would certainly write a letter of complaint to LH CEO Wolfgang Mayrhuber. It seems to me that these people don`t fly their own aircraft. A guy like him, who is almost 2 meters tall, would certainly "enjoy" his new seat choice. He´d be sitting like in a submarine! And in C, I don`t necessarily would care that LH tries to keep the middle seat blocked. What benefit does it bring you, if you own seat squeezes you like hell? I am certainly not the lightest of all people but also not fat. A "bigger" person would get a horror! In my view, it is not enough to praise your new C-class seats for long haul trips but don`t mention that your domestic seats are absolutely rubbish. I am sorry, but this management plan is a slap in the face for all LH customers!!!!! Some FAs told me that LH created the new seat structure in order to counter the growing number of "no-frills" airlines. But why should I care about this? That is why I am flying Lufthansa: Because I don`t want to be flying in a "no-frill" plane and feel myself like in a squeezed bus!

Ok, enough of this----I would be happy to have your thoughts on this!

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year

Yours, Martin