FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA: SFO-FLL $220 (R/T, all in)
View Single Post
Old Nov 24, 2006, 12:17 pm
row1A

Programs: UA Gold MM , HH-diamond, spg gold,hertz 5 star
Originally Posted by jmd001
Certainly not as incredible as the OAK-FLL R/T on AA, but it meets my personal needs and price sensitivity.

(Was led it by info on Travelocity Dream Map, but booked it on the new and improved [?] united.bomb; I do like the new interface for seat selection, during AND after booking)

Outbound via DEN, return via ORD: 5698 BIS/EQMs, 16398 RDMs (including 5k bonus for the MPDG26 promo).

Expect I could have done significantly better if I'd been willing to do more than one connection each way as well as the work to find longer routings.

I've done trips before primarily to get miles, but this is my first TRUE MR (i.e., my time at FLL is only 6 hours. What do YOU do between midnight and 6 AM near FLL???? )

LRA7N7 fare basis. Commence travel by midnight 12 Dec 06; max stay 30 days; no min stay. However, availability appears to be dwindling, and not available on many days.
Next trip, try to get a redeye, so that way you don't have to worry about the 6 hours of sleepless wonder. I only hit the redeyes out of sfo for MR's, just did one from sfo-iad-pit-ord-sfo and it was a redeye. If you can get the right times and segmenation you can add up the miles, but also be home at a reasonalble hour the next day. I always try to book flts that have good layovers with flts inbetween so that I can standby and get to next layover early and do the samething. That way I'm not stressed about making a tight connection. On the last run to Pit, I was due into sfo at 7:43 on the return, but I made the standbys in ord and was into sfo 4:30 instead of 7:43. At the worst, you will arrive home at your schd time. I try to print out the schd's for other ave's of return so I don't get caught somewhere overnite.
If you are elite and have upgrades use them so you can sleep in F or C depending on the plane.
good luck... ^ ^