FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Credit from canceled flight
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2006, 4:07 pm
caimakale

Originally Posted by SAPMAN
Too bad the Co. wont let him book himself - as it give much more flexibility for changes, etc.

As to ethics, it is each to his own. Many things done on Flyertalk are condoned, even encouraged, but not ethical. ie. it is clearly stated on most FF programs that even trading FF miles is not allowed (such as trading some miles for a Hilton Honors stay). Yet it is the main purpose of one of the Forums here.

I, personally, always thought a Traveler on Co. business should reuse FF miles for future Co. travel -- after all, the Co. purchased the orig. tickets that come with the residual benefit. I did NOT do that as I would likely be the only one that did, and my ethics are not that high. But if one gets a free RT after 8 RT flights, then the Company could save about 13% of the travel budget.

Many feel the FF miles are a perk because they have to travel. I do not. If all the FF programs were stopped, would all these people demand more pay?

Illegal, I do not think so.
My company has a section in the Travel Guidelines of our policies and procedures manual that states all "points" earned while traveling can be kept and used by employees for personal use.