FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How safe is India for Americans?
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2006, 8:42 am
travelmad478

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Why am I not surprised.
Perhaps you aren't aware that the a significant number of hindu-fundamentalist thugs can't stand christians in India either?
You might want to tell Mahatma Gandhi's descendants and Nehru's great-grandchildren that there are no radical hindus.
Yes, from the overall tone of the OP's original question, I am not surprised either. So far, we've got a lot of well-informed and well-traveled people all saying the same thing, with the OP (clearly not as well-traveled, and misinformed) continually disagreeing. Why bother asking? Why bother answering?

Originally Posted by drbond
I have been told that Afghanistan, Pakistan and several African countries could be VERY dangerous.
Specific zones of unrest in Afghanistan--perhaps. (Again, dangerous for EVERYONE, not just US citizens.) Pakistan--your "well-informed" source is quite mistaken. "Several African countries"--which ones? Somalia? Sudan? When's the last time you heard of Americans getting killed or kidnapped due to their nationality in any place that was NOT a war zone? Believe me, CNN would have reported on it if such an event had happened. The hysteria is far overdone.