FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport {ITA}
View Single Post
Old Nov 11, 2006, 6:51 am
jabez

The Florence one does sound interesting,if new and nice. The reviews on the seemingly overpriced Hilton there have not been great. While I'd rather stay in the old section, I enjoy travelling on points and miles.
Description of its location:
" is located in the heart of the new business/residential area in the northern part of Florence that includes the new Justice Courtrooms and the new University Centre. Just three km from the Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci”, the hotel is also an easy drive to the world famous attractions such as the Uffizi Gallery and the legendary Duomo.Designed with business convenience and practicality in mind, the 121-room hotel features key Hilton Garden Inn brand attributes like complimentary wireless high speed Internet access, the Garden Sleep System bed, ergonomic Mirra chair by Herman Miller, a spacious work desk, air conditioning, mini refrigerator and LCD satellite television."
I checked on some Sept dates next year (when I expect to be back in Italy and its rates were as low as 81EU! That's a great deal in Florence. Doesn't seem to be any shuttles. There is a 10E/day fee for parking.

"Easy drive"?????? Not in Florence.