Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport {ITA}

Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport {ITA}

Old Oct 27, 06, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: statusless these days
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport {ITA}

Just had a peek at the HGI e-letter and FCO (Rome airport for the seach engines) is set to get a HGI. Scheduled to open year end and it located by the cargo area.

Free shuttle bus offered to the city, Parco Leonardo shopping centre (claimed to be the largest in Italy) and the local harbour. Wasn't explicitly stated but I assume there's shuttle service to the passenger terminal too. Parking is a bit stiff at EUR 20/day.
Old Oct 29, 06, 4:15 am

So they'll have a Hilton and an HGI at the airport? It seems overkill, but what do I know... Any idea which cat.?
Old Oct 29, 06, 9:04 am
Suspended

Three HGI now or close to be opened in Europe
Suttgart Neckarpark already open.
Florence Novoli Oct 2006
Rome - FCO in Dec 2006.

No cats listed for the last two listed the Stuttgart property is Cat 3 and the photos of all three shown are indentical, logic says they should be the same.

The website for the FCO says free internet ( not a bad thing in Europe and shuttle service to FCO, Rome city center and shopping mall.

The Florence hotel is 4 km from the old city so might be a bit inconvienent for tourists, even if there is a decent shuttle. Just cant imagine staying in Firenze without being able to stroll to various places, restaurants from my hotel.

mike
Old Oct 31, 06, 4:43 am

Novoli is not exactly close to downtown, and the full service Hilton they have in Florence is also quite a ways from all the toursit attractions (and still a cat. 6 IIRC!!). The Hilton is probably a good location if you need to spend a night not far from the main tollway. I couldn't quite figure out how far the HGI is from downtown from the Hilton map, but it might be a bit closer than the Hilton. There are buses and taxis, of course, or, if you're driving yourself, you can enjoy the traffic, the inevitable one-ways, and the hard-to-find parking...
Old Nov 10, 06, 6:49 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
Hmm, perhaps they could rename Scandic to HGI instead of selling them all? (Ok, some of the road hotel Scandics can go, wouldnt bother me).
Old Nov 10, 06, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: statusless these days
Some rates for the HGI FCO have come up. I didn't delve into them but the from rate was EUR 199 while the H FCo was EUR 170.
Old Nov 11, 06, 6:51 am

The Florence one does sound interesting,if new and nice. The reviews on the seemingly overpriced Hilton there have not been great. While I'd rather stay in the old section, I enjoy travelling on points and miles.
Description of its location:
" is located in the heart of the new business/residential area in the northern part of Florence that includes the new Justice Courtrooms and the new University Centre. Just three km from the Florence International Airport Amerigo Vespucci, the hotel is also an easy drive to the world famous attractions such as the Uffizi Gallery and the legendary Duomo.Designed with business convenience and practicality in mind, the 121-room hotel features key Hilton Garden Inn brand attributes like complimentary wireless high speed Internet access, the Garden Sleep System bed, ergonomic Mirra chair by Herman Miller, a spacious work desk, air conditioning, mini refrigerator and LCD satellite television."
I checked on some Sept dates next year (when I expect to be back in Italy and its rates were as low as 81EU! That's a great deal in Florence. Doesn't seem to be any shuttles. There is a 10E/day fee for parking.

"Easy drive"?????? Not in Florence.
Old Jan 3, 07, 3:17 pm

Programs: AZ Freccia Alata Plus IHG Spire member
New Hilton in Rome

Just open New Hilton garden inn, by fiumicino, very close to the airport and easy to rech down town Rome.
So if Cavalieri Hilton one of the best place to dine at la Pergola Ristorante its too prices, or you cannot find any room at Hilton airport try the new hilton garden inn.
enjoy the stay !
Old Jan 3, 07, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cool!

Cavalieri Rome - Cat 6
Airport Hilton Rome - Cat 5
Airport HGI - Cat 4

One thing I noticed at the airport Hilton, their shuttle bus to downtown runs quite late, I think about 11:00 PM - at any rate, much later than the little bus from the Cav. Also, the airport is about 5 minutes from the sea and the little picturesque-but-seldom-visited town there (can't recall the name).

Why they put another Hilton at the same airport I don't know, but it sure is nice to have other choices in Rome. Especially if you're not a Diamond and can't get into/get the perks at the Cav.
Old Jan 3, 07, 5:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND
Im going to stay there in two months. Its very convienient to stay at fco on arrival. the fco hilton isnt bad but I always feel like an inmate that has access to free beer and snacks when im there
Old Jan 3, 07, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
This isn't that sexy to me. Airport properties in Rome?
Old Jan 3, 07, 6:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND
well the rate for pre-paid that I found was 118 euros, thats pretty sexy to me considering Im gonna end up crashing and then waking up at 2am with nothing open. sure beats 400 euro in town on the first day, thats a waste and very un-sexy
Old Jan 4, 07, 6:17 am

Programs: AZ Freccia Alata Plus IHG Spire member
Originally Posted by rwill11 View Post
well the rate for pre-paid that I found was 118 euros, thats pretty sexy to me considering Im gonna end up crashing and then waking up at 2am with nothing open. sure beats 400 euro in town on the first day, thats a waste and very un-sexy
for me sexy its something about meeting a beautiful women, at the cavalieri Hilton the young women are with an old men who pay the bill, the others are all to via dei condotti to spend moeny, you have better change to meet girl near the airport, i recall very good experience.
Please di not tell my wife( she think that I read book night time).
Old Jan 4, 07, 8:28 am

Garden Inn Roma

We'll be staying at the Garden Inn next month before returning to NY. I paid 118 euro net rate. This after 6 night award at the Cavalieri and a 4 night award at the Sorrento Palace . We return from Sorrento on the train. We'll take the train from termini to FCO and then find our way to the Garden Inn. Any suggestions for this trip are appreciated.
Old Jan 4, 07, 8:37 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
I stayed at the Hilton at the airport once and had a room (admittedly on the top floor) where I could actually see the Sea!

Does anyone know if the Garden Inn has that?

Search this Thread