FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 10, 2006, 9:18 am
rfrost

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I received 4 apples, a full bottle of wine (which I left there) and note.
I do think the renovated rooms are an improvement, but I join in the coment above about lack of drawer--or shelf--space. I was glad to see that dreary plaid disappear, but after I saw the drapes closed, I was not convinced the fabric choice was any improvement at all.
I agree it's too bad about the bathroom size. I also think they should have realized most people are right-handed and to compound the problem the toilet paper holder is not at the right height. (Of course, I might have been given a special left-handed room!) I also think putting a master switch on only one side of the bed is a design flaw.
I do like most of the RC staff, and appreciate the care they take of me.
As for the hotel itself, concierge desk downstairs is still in need of improvement. I asked one of them where the nearest WH Smith was, and he told me Bond St. shopping center. I thought how silly I was not to have noticed it before. Turns out there's a reason I never did; a subsequent session with the phone book led me to conclude he possibly meant Baker St. (or perhaps it WAS there and then moved?)
I am fond of the RC staff, but, since most of my stays are on weekends, when London hotel deals are often plentiful, I'm not all that inclined to stay there in non-FF periods. I recently priced a weekend there in December, and it came in at 228 GBP, plus VAT. I'm finding better rates elsewhere in locations more convenient for my plans.