FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Flexible" Europe Select
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2006, 4:29 am
pinkcity

Programs: Flying blue plat, Aerop,Accor, Priority Club
"Flexible" Europe Select

This morning on my flight TLS/AMS, the flexible Europe Select border (curtains and red to blue head seats tissues) was taking 9 rows (45 seats on a Fokker 100), Y taking the balance (more or less 55). There were about 13 PAX in Europe Select, and about 50 in Y. At least 3 complete rows of seats was left empty in the "blue" zone, whilst it was quite packed in the red one.

Actually, in this flight that I take at least twice a month for years, I never saw this "border" at the same place. I have no idea of who takes this decision. There is obviously for me no point thinking that the comfort of the ones who have payed so much to use same seats and have a newspaper offered could be neglected. But on the other hand, I'm in trouble to figure out why KL wants they Y passengers to feel uncomfortable, even if the aircraft is not full

A few years ago (nothing to see with merging), when I was asked why I was flying KL, I had a number of replies. The two ones remaining are rates, and Schipol. Should I fly Asia, where rates are more or less the same, rather than North America, I would have moved all my flights to AF, even with CDG... particularly for the accumulation of these "small" frustrations (maintenance, delays, lowering service...)