FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HKT - SIN - NRT transit question
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2006, 4:33 pm
jedison

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood/Marriott Plat, Others of little note
Originally Posted by Tiojelly
I will be arriving from HKT into SIN around 1:30am on Tiger, then flying out at 7:30am on UA to NRT.

Still trying to decide what the best option is, but not sure if all options are possible.

1) Heading into town to eat/hang: Not sure if there are lot's of options available late night.

2) Hang around the airport until my flight out: Heard there may be issues since I don't think I can get my UA boarding pass due to the late arrival.

3) Transit hotel: also not sure if boarding pass is an issue.

If I am able to get into the terminal, I might be able to hang out at the SQ lounge with my *alliance status, but again... boarding pass may be an issue. If we do head into town, is there a good place to store bags until returning to check in?

Thanks to any advice.
If you search the forums you will find a thread on exactly this. Be warned that without a boarding pass you will be unable to re enter the secure area. I was there a week ago and went to a Hawker center for a bite to eat around 2 a.m. and came back to hang out in the Silver Kris lounge (which let me in with a UA C boarding pass). Outside the secure area there is a Starbucks with some chairs but not much else.