Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

HKT - SIN - NRT transit question

Old Nov 7, 06, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat (life gold), SPG Gold

I will be arriving from HKT into SIN around 1:30am on Tiger, then flying out at 7:30am on UA to NRT.

Still trying to decide what the best option is, but not sure if all options are possible.

1) Heading into town to eat/hang: Not sure if there are lot's of options available late night.

2) Hang around the airport until my flight out: Heard there may be issues since I don't think I can get my UA boarding pass due to the late arrival.

3) Transit hotel: also not sure if boarding pass is an issue.

If I am able to get into the terminal, I might be able to hang out at the SQ lounge with my *alliance status, but again... boarding pass may be an issue. If we do head into town, is there a good place to store bags until returning to check in?

Thanks to any advice.
Old Nov 7, 06, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood/Marriott Plat, Others of little note
Originally Posted by Tiojelly
I will be arriving from HKT into SIN around 1:30am on Tiger, then flying out at 7:30am on UA to NRT.

Still trying to decide what the best option is, but not sure if all options are possible.

1) Heading into town to eat/hang: Not sure if there are lot's of options available late night.

2) Hang around the airport until my flight out: Heard there may be issues since I don't think I can get my UA boarding pass due to the late arrival.

3) Transit hotel: also not sure if boarding pass is an issue.

If I am able to get into the terminal, I might be able to hang out at the SQ lounge with my *alliance status, but again... boarding pass may be an issue. If we do head into town, is there a good place to store bags until returning to check in?

Thanks to any advice.
If you search the forums you will find a thread on exactly this. Be warned that without a boarding pass you will be unable to re enter the secure area. I was there a week ago and went to a Hawker center for a bite to eat around 2 a.m. and came back to hang out in the Silver Kris lounge (which let me in with a UA C boarding pass). Outside the secure area there is a Starbucks with some chairs but not much else.
Old Nov 7, 06, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat (life gold), SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jedison
If you search the forums you will find a thread on exactly this. Be warned that without a boarding pass you will be unable to re enter the secure area. I was there a week ago and went to a Hawker center for a bite to eat around 2 a.m. and came back to hang out in the Silver Kris lounge (which let me in with a UA C boarding pass). Outside the secure area there is a Starbucks with some chairs but not much else.
I searched but did not find exactly what I needed to know. Since I am flying in on Tiger, I think I will be in a different terminal, and have to exit the secure area. Any enlightenment on this would be helpful.

Also -- Any thoughts on getting my UA boarding pass... Since I am flying in from HKT and getting in so late, I think I may be SOL until the morning (later in the morning).
Old Nov 9, 06, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K
UA opens quite early because of the earlier flight to HKG. I usually get to the airport at around 5:00 am in Terminal 1. (travelled every single week for 3 months!) Already a lot of people there. I asked the GA about the openning time. He said about 4.

If you are coming in from Macau on Tiger Air, you may be using the new budget terminal. The best alternative at that time would be to take a cab to the nearby Geylang district for food and sightseeing. Then take the cab or MRT back to Terminal 1 for checking in. The SQ lounge in Terminal 1 is lousy anyway. Skip it. Just use other better paid restaurants there. Even McDonald is a lot better than that lousy lounge.
Old Nov 10, 06, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Doing the same itin next week. Looks like Tiger comes into the Budget terminal at SIN from HKT.
Old Nov 10, 06, 12:14 pm

HKT - SIN on Tiger goes into the Budget Terminal for sure. I just did the same flight, except took the early one.
Old Nov 10, 06, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Slightly OT -- but SIN-HKT was the best bargain fare I've ever seen. 19.95 SIN per person o/w. The taxes were multiples higher, but still was under SIN$140 per person r/t all in.

Search this Thread