FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF = Great, CDG = Nightmare!
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2006, 10:37 am
San Gottardo

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Flying AF longhaul: great!
Flying AF shorthaul: great, except the disgraceful "catering" (=glorified dog food) in European Business Class
Trying to get on an AF flight, i.e. their processes on the ground: dreadful, frowned with useless complications and lacking ease-of-use and comfort.
Anything depending directly or indirectly upon ADP: can we please have the guys organising a football match in Zaire, even they would do a better job at organising things.

There are tedious aspects of Paris CDG which have to do with its size, and you find similar or at least equally annoying aspects of travel at other hubs (LHR, AMS, FRA). However, many things that do not work in Paris cannot be explained or excused by size: trash lying around everywhere, poor signage, completely disorganised security checks, broken flight departure monitors or shopwing incorrect information, broken infrastructure...

As Jouy31 very correctly pointed out, ADP has a great plan - but they really need to work on their implementation.

Whenever I see ADP I come to think of Airbus. Airbus worked (OK, sort of...) because the French had the courage and vision and the idea, and the Germans made it work. At ADP, there are no Germans... thus the great plans, with very very poor execution.