FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO elite next year?
View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2006, 12:09 pm
crnk

Programs: nada
CO elite next year?

I've been thinking of going for CO elite next year (silver, unless something were to change) and would like some opinions on it....mostly along the lines of "what is it worth?/what will it actually get me?"

I'm almost always flying on discount economy. However, I've been flying CO for most of my travel (based from IAH before and now NYC, but back in IAH for the period I would be elite). I have several big trips I'm working on planning for next year, and I'd like to know if it is worthwhile to spend a few bucks extra on each of the tickets knowing I'll get elite for it.

The trips (roughly in order):
NYC-->europe (7k miles)
NYC-->NRT/SIN (13k)
NYC-->SEA (5k)
NYC-->IAH (3k)
NYC-->SCL (??....10k?)

all of those planned would be before the end of next summer. Clearly, I could fly CO and get elite. The total price difference for flying CO (and CO qualifiying flights, specifically) would probably run me a $200(?). Is it worth the difference to have elite? I don't plan on traveling much (maybe 6-10 cross country RT between fall 07-end 08). If I'm flying on discount economy, would I be seeing any upgrades ever or probably not?

thanks