FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complimentary Upgrade to Gold VIP & ability to earn 25k bonus points - Old News?
Old Oct 17, 2006, 7:35 pm
Horizons

Location: FLL. AA PLT 2.7MM, UA Gold MM, Delta Gold Medallion & Lifetime SC, Hilton GVIP, SGP, Hertz 5 Star
I've been quite bummed since moving down to HHonors Silver for the first time in about 4 years. It really affected our recent monthlong trip to Australia, when we had 5 distinct Hilton stays and my Silver status got us.... really nothing at all in the way of service, frankly.

But lo! Yesterday my partner received a complimentary Gold membership through April 2008. He is a currently a non-elite HHonors member. Only conceivable event that could have triggered it was re-qualifying for AA Platinum about 2 weeks ago.

I didn't get anything from Hilton, although I qualified for AA Exec Platinum 2 weeks ago (and am UA 1P and an Ameniti member). Does anyone know whether the EADV fast-track-to-Gold promo is still in effect?

Partner and I are linked on the same AmEx HHonors Platinum credit card (2 cards), which make this current split a bit weird: he'll have to do the booking, since he's Gold, but the bill and points will come to me as primary AmEx cardholder.