Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Upgrade to Gold VIP & ability to earn 25k bonus points - Old News?

Complimentary Upgrade to Gold VIP & ability to earn 25k bonus points - Old News?

Old Oct 17, 2006, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Talking Complimentary Upgrade to Gold VIP & ability to earn 25k bonus points - Old News?

I tried a FT search - kept getting the dreaded "Network Error (tcp_error)" message.

I received a complimentary upgrade from HH Silver to Gold in the mail yesterday. Gold status good until April 2008 and I have an ability to earn 25k bonus miles for four qualifying stays between 11/1/6 and 2/28/7. Pretty nice deal. Thanks Hilton ^

Anyone else get this surprise?
Old Oct 17, 2006, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K;
Was that an email..or regular mail offer?
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:47 pm

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, NW nothing
...? I never get anything like this. I just receintly started staying at their properties and probably have 40-50 stays coming up in the next few months. Is there something you check off on the web site, or do you have to call to get put on a promotion?
Old Oct 17, 2006, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by grayland
Was that an email..or regular mail offer?
Gold VIP card arrived in the mail. I was Gold two years ago, but dropped down to Silver last year.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, RCC, PreChk , Hertz 5* Gold, HH Silver, SPG Gold thx to Amex Plat
Currently a Silver member, I rec'd the complimentary Hilton Gold card a few days ago.

Some UA MP members are also getting the offer...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=42630
Old Oct 17, 2006, 1:54 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
I got a Gold card for a new account in the mail a couple of days ago because my "Aeroplan membership distinguishes you as a valued traveler". Status good until April 2008. Also 4 stays (by Feb 28) for 50k points.

I was Gold a couple of years ago but haven't stayed at a Hilton in about two years so I had no status. I'm Aeroplan Super Elite but I don't know if it was targetted based on status.

Before anyone asks, there was no magic promo code just an account # and PIN.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Last year or maybe the year before I was an "earned" Silver (still am) and lo and behold Mrs. Fredd was comped Gold out of the UA 1K blue while I as a fellow 1K was offered nothing.

Fine since we travel together - now she does the checking in while I hang around as her very unlikely Toy Boy.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 7:35 pm

Location: FLL. AA PLT 2.7MM, UA Gold MM, Delta Gold Medallion & Lifetime SC, Hilton GVIP, SGP, Hertz 5 Star
I've been quite bummed since moving down to HHonors Silver for the first time in about 4 years. It really affected our recent monthlong trip to Australia, when we had 5 distinct Hilton stays and my Silver status got us.... really nothing at all in the way of service, frankly.

But lo! Yesterday my partner received a complimentary Gold membership through April 2008. He is a currently a non-elite HHonors member. Only conceivable event that could have triggered it was re-qualifying for AA Platinum about 2 weeks ago.

I didn't get anything from Hilton, although I qualified for AA Exec Platinum 2 weeks ago (and am UA 1P and an Ameniti member). Does anyone know whether the EADV fast-track-to-Gold promo is still in effect?

Partner and I are linked on the same AmEx HHonors Platinum credit card (2 cards), which make this current split a bit weird: he'll have to do the booking, since he's Gold, but the bill and points will come to me as primary AmEx cardholder.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 10:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chrsb
...? I never get anything like this. I just receintly started staying at their properties and probably have 40-50 stays coming up in the next few months. Is there something you check off on the web site, or do you have to call to get put on a promotion?
Call. Ask for a FastTrack, if they are still doing it, I think I saw a current thread about the FastTrack. Do your 4 or 9 or however many they require and you now have Gold.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K; HA Pualani Gold, SWA A-List; Aloha Silver (RIP); HH Gold
Through our AVIS corporate program, I got an invitation to Gold the other day, but I'm already Gold. So there's different tie-ins.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 3:09 pm

Programs: PC Plat. Ambassador, Delta Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold
They still offer FastTracks, although usually only when you have status with another chain.
I got offered a FastTrack to Diamond with 20 nights from PC Platinum. Only need eight more now before the end of the year.

Last edited by StealthFly; Oct 18, 2006 at 8:14 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.