FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestion for FF programme
View Single Post
Old Oct 6, 2006, 3:45 am
NickW

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Question Suggestion for FF programme

I currently work for a consultancy company where I travel regularly to widely scattered parts of the globe. There is usually a convenient Star Alliance routing, and my company allows me to organise my own travel subject to our class of service policies and not taking the mickey with more expensive routings. Due to the excellent value offered by miles+cash, I credit my miles to my bmi diamond club account.

This is all about to change, as I'm expecting to start at a new position with an investment bank. I'll be London based, with the expectation of at least four round-trips yearly in first class to New York with AA; with possible travel to Japan (although I believe the contracted carrier for this route is ANA, so those miles would probably stay with bmi). I also do some leisure travel, say four transatlantic-length returns, as well as short haul within Europe - this is usually economy/premium-economy class travel.

I'm hoping to find a oneworld programme in which my travel patterns will yield either Sapphire or Emerald level, thereby allowing lounge access on my leisure travel. The two programmes about which I know anything (AAdvantage and BA Exec Club) are non-starters because the AA flights couldn't be credited to BA, and the AA programme only gives 1.5x EQP for first class with 50,000 needed to get to Platinum.

Any suggestions?