FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Across the Globe in 5 Continents Again
View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2006, 5:25 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Barcelona

I arrive in good time for the 40 minutes past the hour bus to Sitges, having read Willy Pete's advice on the train service. However by 5 to the hour it still had not arrived so I decided to take the known slow train over faster bus with unknown departure time. I ran across the bridge to the station and waited nervously in the ticket line as the seconds ticked down to the hour. Hopped on board literally as the doors closed (had to put my arm in to stop them shutting). As described by Willy Pete it did take an hour to get to Sitges with a lot of time spent at El Prat Llobregat station. Fare was 2.40 euros

The train ride from there was pleasant - passing towns and along the narrow coastal strip with views over the Mediterranean Sea in between the short tunnels. From the station it is a short walk down a gentle slope to Hotel Calipolis on the waterfront (or rather across the road and promenade).

I won't go into Boo Doo stuff. The weather was pleasantly warm and hazy without being too hot.

Sitges is a very pleasant seaside town - easily walkable, some nice beaches. Some interesting architecture and history in the old town.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Oct 2, 2006 at 6:15 am