Wiki Posts
Search

BOO DOO THREE: Beach Blanket Boo Doo! 29 September - 1 October 2006

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2006, 6:12 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by alanw
Most shops will open from 10AM to 2PM and then from 5PM until 9PM. Some will skip siesta on Saturday and go straight through until 9PM. The walk to the shopping area from the hotel can be measured in yards, so, not far.
Gracias!
Old Sep 25, 2006, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by techgirl
I am very sad that I will miss everyones company as well as the amazing food. The lunch venue noted is so awesome that I've dreamt about it at times in the last year. My tastebuds are crying.
Yeah, thanks for causing the "enhancements" to Saturday's mountain top lunch!

Just kidding, I know it's hard to schedule any "DO" and I'm already getting "oh really" comments from client's who wish I wan't going to be hard-to-reach the next few days... I will not give in...
Old Sep 26, 2006, 11:18 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
Thursday night?

Originally Posted by Escocesa
However, if anyone fancies doing a 'fringe' event on the Thursday, I would be happy to organise one! I know a few good places in the city, especially having studied there.
If you are still up for a pre-Do meeting, I'm going to be around in Barcelona on Thurs.
Got any great ideas?

Last edited by SeeYa; Sep 26, 2006 at 2:11 pm
Old Sep 26, 2006, 12:07 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by SeeYa
If you are still up for a pre-Do meeting, I'm going to be around on Thurs.
Got any great ideas?
I should be at the hotel around 5 pm. Let us know.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 12:46 pm

Programs: US Gold
.....2. Take the train to Sitges,...Trains leave from the airport every half hour on the half hour. Take line C10 to the FIRST STOP (only a couple of minutes) at El Prat de Llobregat. There you change to line C2 to Sitges.......Note that there is 30-minute wait in El Prat de Llobregat, and this is a confusing transfer due to lots of tracks and poor signage.

3. Take the bus directly to Sitges...

...Once you arrive, you may want to just sit on your terrace and stare at the view....This weekend is the last two days of the "season" and all the shops will be liquidating everything they have left in preparation for closing 1 October. Look for "Rebaixes" or "Rebajas" in the windows. You will find some great bargains.
I wish I had known about the train construction. It took me an hour to take the train and I literally jumped on the train at the airport. But the construction at el Prat really does suck. There are nearly no markings now at all, except for one sign. I had done this before so I had a vague remembrance of what I was doing if I didn´t I would have been lost. But at the first stop get off go down the stairs/ramp and go to the other platform. I waited at least 20 minutes for the train to Sitges. There are no monitors to know if the train coming is going to Sitges. But as the trains come into the station look on the front of the train, above the driver is an electronic sign with the train´s destination. For Sitges you need a Villanueva train.

If you´re even close to the lower part of the hour I would definately do the bus, it´s got to be quicker than the train. Also, if you do arrive by bus I don´t think it´s a long walk to the Caliopolis, especially with a wheeled bag. It´s mostly downhill anyway.

Bring your swimsuits cause the water is fine! The beach was awesome today! Lots of sunshine, perfect temps! I hope this weather holds through the weekend! The town seems a bit more crowded this year than it was at the same time last year. Just a feeling.

Yes, plenty of sales going on, whether they will appeal to anyone I don´t know, lol. If you are very into a certain 'euro' style for men, then great, you´ll be in heaven. But if capri pants and bad t-shirts aren´t your thing you might not find much, lol!
Old Sep 27, 2006, 1:09 pm

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
Unhappy A Thousand Regrets...

Due to a matter of family urgency, I won't be able to make this "Willy Pete And Mr. Owen In Black Speedos" DO. So very, very sorry....

My sincere thanks to gracious host :-: alanw :-: for taking great time and effort (again!) in organising yet another soon and surely to be a memorable and spectacular DOO!

Thinking of y'all,
belle
Old Sep 28, 2006, 2:23 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (blue), BMI Diamond Club (blue)
Where is the meeting point for the walking tour and lunch? This is the only part I'm able to come to as I will be out celebrating my birthday in Barcelona on the Saturday night
Old Sep 28, 2006, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Waiting for my LH flight from ORD-MUC at the RCC. Can't wait to get there.
See you all tomorrow.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Originally Posted by Willy Pete

Yes, plenty of sales going on, whether they will appeal to anyone I don´t know, lol. If you are very into a certain 'euro' style for men, then great, you´ll be in heaven. But if capri pants and bad t-shirts aren´t your thing you might not find much, lol!
I guess the Americans already picked over all the white gym socks and cargo shorts! I did see a couple of fanny packs and a ball cap on sale this afternoon, though.

The Saturday lunch is now the Saturday dinner (see also: cancellations, lots of them). The walking tour will leave from the Calipolis at 1:00PM and last about an hour. After that we can all have lunch someplace nice, but it won't be an organized affair.

Weather forecast for the weekend: sunny, in the 80s! It may get a little sprinkly in the morning on Saturday but it won't last long.

Everybody ready?
Old Sep 28, 2006, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
The Saturday lunch is now the Saturday dinner (see also: cancellations, lots of them). The walking tour will leave from the Calipolis at 1:00PM and last about an hour. After that we can all have lunch someplace nice, but it won't be an organized affair.
But will there be foie?!?
Old Sep 28, 2006, 3:09 pm

You know, Alan, how much I care when I'm willing to slave it in OLD LH C for you.
Can't wait to see you y 'cisco tomorrow.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 4:19 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Everybody ready?
I can barely wait!

But no, I'm not wet with anticipation........ yet....
Old Sep 28, 2006, 5:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Oops - I just remembered I said I was a maybe for this. I'm actually a no. Have a great time all! Cheers.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!

Everybody ready?
I am ... from a distance

Have a great time!!!!
Old Sep 29, 2006, 12:02 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (blue), BMI Diamond Club (blue)
See you all tomorrow at 1pm in the hotel. I'll be the Scots lass looking rather lost!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.