FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Across the Globe in 5 Continents Again
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2006, 11:01 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
London Heathrow to Barcelona (LHR-BCN) Business Class on BA 767

After 2 1/2 days of flying my first RTW stop over is nearly there, and not coincidentally just in time for Boo Doo Three. We get a distant gate so leave the lounge early. Boarding is already underway by the time I arrive. It looks like the flight will be full.

The breakfast meal on offer is unappetising - the hot bit is overcooked greasy gunk, the rolls are plain and the fruit are overripe. The bad weather affecting UK means a bumpy flight but I manage to avoid spilling fruit juice, water and coffee over myself or the passenger next to me.

Just across the aisle is Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear (and some newspaper columns) infamy. He is travelling with a young beautiful woman but spends the entire flight dozing, or rather pretending to.

The airbridge connects to the second door and the FAs are not blocking economy and so it takes a long time to deplane from the bulkhead row. There is a huge queue at immigration with several flights from UK arriving in this part of the terminal, and only 1 immigration officer on duty.