FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - We have to go to Kazakhstan!
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2006, 3:47 am
James S

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by fraisse10
Well, clearly you and I are in a minority on this thread, though from the snickering public-school humour/innuendo that permeates this board whenever sex, women, gays or cross-dressers are, from time to time, mentioned, it should be no surprise that there's a blind spot on racism when people think no-one's going to come after them for it.

Sincerely, apologies for any offence caused. All I was saying was that it was very funny seeing a Sky journalist ask the Kazakh ambassador such outrageous questions - and just as impressive seeing him reply with articulation and good humour. He gave as good as he got. The guy was doing his job - being a good ambassador for his country and making the most of the publicity (distasteful as it may be) - because I came away from the interview thinking I'd quite like to go there.

Maybe I posted a bit too quickly - clearly 10 hours flying time in a BMed seat for over 2 grand would not make for a popular do.

James