FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TPA based AC/AA elite members - a call to battle!
Old Sep 23, 2006, 10:13 pm
Flying Buccaneer

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
I will send a letter, andrzej. I will make EXP in early December, and have had an AC membership since March 2004. Being able to use the US Club at airside F would be a big incentive to make AA my favored airline in 2007 over UA/Ted. Is there anyone to whom correspondence should be specifically directed?

Originally Posted by AA53
I am sure AA has done the analysis. There aren't enough travelers in TPA to justify it....
You obviously have not flown any of AA's 22 daily flights out of Tampa lately (all AA, no AE RJs). With the exception of the 2 TPA-STL flights, they're usually packed. Even so, what andrzej suggests would not cost AA nearly as much as opening and maintaining a club. If, as you suggest, "there aren't enough travelers in TPA to justify it," it won't cost AA much at all, will it?

Besides, I am sure AA could strike a better deal with US now than it had before. When I fly US out of TPA, I use the club (with my UA RCC membership), and I have never seen it heavily utilized. US would probably be happy to get the extra revenue.