FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No wonder airline travel is such a nightmare
Old Sep 22, 2006, 5:16 pm
KevAZ

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by amartin1979
I had a guy chatting on his cell phone as we were in final approach at SFO. He was sitting in the exit row, seatback reclined and his cell phone glued to his ear as we were descending under 10,000 ft. People just dont care.
Should say "stupid people just don't care."

I go out of my way to help people, but am the first to become very aggressive if there's a poo for brains impinging on others' civility. I'm 6'4" and have bony elbows, and darned if they don't end up in the funniest places when jerks are trying to take over.

I had the pleasure twice this week to lose control of them on a LAS/FLL flight and a FLL/PHX flight. On the return flight, I helped the lady next to me confirm where her connecting flight should be, as well as the likelihood of getting on the next flight out to LAS because the FLL/PHX flight was late. The FAs made an announcement asking all PHX terminating pax to stay seated and allow the connecting pax off first to increase their chances of making their flights. Seated in an aisle, I stood up and got the overhead for the lady beside me and let her step by. A transplanted old fart New Yorker darned near knocked her over before the door was opened. I had just heard him on a cell phone talking to a buddy about golfing in Scottsdale the next day and he had just bought there a month before. Hmmm, wonder if his drives were straight with that swelled up nose he got by walking into my left elbow?