FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complimentary Alcoholic drinks in AC
View Single Post
Old Aug 24, 2006, 5:40 pm
JGR01

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Originally Posted by sohony
im confused
i have EXP and AC membership but i only seem to get drink chits at jfk AA AC when traveling internationally in business or first--are they also offered in other instances---eg traveling internationally in coach and/or traveling domestically?

thanks
EXP and AC membership by itself will result in no drink chits. You need to be on an international itinerary. If you are EXP and traveling in coach international .. you MAY get a chit or may not.

You have to be aware of the term 'international' vs 'domestic' as it relates to chits.

You are departing Business/First on International flight from the city with the AC (like ex-ORD or ex-JFK..). You should get one or two chits (one normally tho can ask for more).

You have arrived from an International First/Business flight into a city with an AC (like LHR-ORD or SNN-BOS) and then are continuing on a domestic flight yet that day (eg LHR-ORD-MSP or SNN-BOS-DFW). In the AC city (ORD or BOS in this example) since you are INBOUND from an International (P/J) itinerary and continuing on a domestic itinerary (any class) .. you should get admission to the AC and one/two drink chits.

Furthering that even more.. SNN-BOS-DFW .. you should get access(and chits) in BOS and DFW .. tho if you are ending in DFW the need to use an AC (shower) is not likely .. but technically available.

Departing on an International itinerary in J/P or arriving on an International itinerary (and stopping or continuing) in J/P should allow you access and chit(s).

Lets add one more little 'twist' to this discussion that I saw happen in LAX recently. A pax was given a drink chit. They did not use it. They left it in the bathroom on the counter. I think this is kinda a kewl idea (provided no name and the date matches) for people who get two chits and only have one drink .. to share the wealth!