FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does 8/10 mark the end of oneWorld?
View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2006, 9:02 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by randomize
The case of LHR perhaps would be different because the new measures will only add to a previous delicate situation , with no more capacity and horrendous transfers and baggage handling at LHR , so perhaps it will suffer more because of this added effect .

Who haven't lose baggage transiting in LHR ?
Exactly. In my case, on the very first trip through there (and in that case, I wasn't even changing airlines, it was all BA).

Since then, I've only booked LHR when I knew I could carry on everything (at least as far as LHR; a gate check on the final leg is a lot less likely to be lost).

The ban on liquids I could work around. For one thing, liquids are light so they're relatively cheap to send ahead (if you're concerned you may not be able to buy there).

But this morning the "relaxed" security procedure at UK airports involves only ONE carryon on rather small size (about 6.2" tall max). I can't fit both my laptop and my SLR into such a bag, and no way am I going to choose to go through an airport that makes me check one or the other, especially when that airport is so known for losing checked bags.