FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The (QF FF/QP) OW Lounge Info. Thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2006, 12:06 pm
Aisle Seat H

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Originally Posted by thadocta
How much patronage does BA actually get out of Brussels these days?I wouldn't imagine there would be much O-D traffic to London, with EuroStar holding the lions share of the market (far more convenient as well). I imagine there would have to be a fair bit of traffic connecting through London, or going to other UK ports (such as MAN) where rail would be impractical, to justify the sort of investment which went into that lung (which is better - by an order of magnitude - than when I was last there in 2004).

Dave
I see your point Dave, but I guess BA must be getting a lot of use out of the place to justify such investment. They still have a few flights a day from there, and many of them indeed are not to/from London but direct to UK regional centres inc. BHX, NCL, BRS (codeshare), MAN (BA Connect and codeshare), plus all the connections through London to numerous other UK destinations etc (and to the US etc with AA ?). I can't remember but maybe the lounge is shared with other OW and other carriers too.

Lounge has always been reasonably busy when I have been there, but tends to clear each time a flight is called !