FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL "Stealth"/VIP Level - like UA UGS ?
View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2004, 9:12 pm
Cholula
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NoStressHere:
Delta, like many other companies sometimes just don't get it. They can spend mega millions on FF programs, but when someone like you exists, they should be making personal phone calls from time to time and kissing your A@s.</font>
That actually used to happen. I’m sure some other DL forum members can remember the days when the DL marketing folks kept tabs on them. Until around 1990 or so, I had a DL Marketing rep (Maureen ) out of LAX that dogged my every step. Invitations to all kinds of events...Rose Bowl..including VIP DL “refreshment” tent...private screenings of art exhibits along with the requisite cocktail party, etc., etc. Upgrades ??....absolutley no problem. Box seats to the Dodger’s? How many do you want? And so on and so forth.
The local marketing folk got fired in the early ‘90’s and I was left to drift. Fortunately for DL, I was so firmly cemented to them that I remained faithful.
But I feel to this day that jettisoning the marketing folks was an enormous strategic error.