Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL "Stealth"/VIP Level - like UA UGS ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2004, 11:17 am
Original Poster

DL "Stealth"/VIP Level - like UA UGS ?

Does DL have a VIP or "Stealth" level above Platinum ? I am thinking along the lines of United Global Services or perhaps CO'S Star programs ? Any info ????? Does DL track revenue and do they include partner revenue ?
Old Jan 27, 2004, 11:19 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
The only thing I am aware of is the "Executive Partner" program. A search, will prove interesting... I remember a couple threads on this topic within the last 2 months.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 11:41 am
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
Back in my "I love to fly DL and it shows" days, I was assigned a DL sales rep. She had an office on the floor above the CTO in my city. She would take me out to dinner 4 or more times a year. Additionally, she would keep tabs on my reservations and I often found myself upgraded due to her watching out for me.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 3:54 pm

Location: NW Platinum, UA UGS, Hertz Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Executive Partner is the only DL VIP program that I am aware of. Unlike UA UGS and CO* personal spend does not qualify one for the Executive Partner program. This seems like a program for CEOs, CFOs, VIPs, Politicians, etc.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jjglaze77:
A search, will prove interesting... </font>
Indeed.

See, for instance:
http://www.flyertalk.com/pasttalk/ft...ML/009912.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/pasttalk/ft...ML/008126.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/012243.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/012864.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/pasttalk/ft...ML/010399.html
Old Jan 27, 2004, 8:24 pm

Location: NW Platinum, UA UGS, Hertz Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
MisterNice, I see that you asked a similar question a while ago. I gave the same response then. I would think that Delta keeps tabs on high-revenue PMs and that some receive extra attention. For instance, PMs that are not only high-volume (like all of them are) but also high-revenue may have encountered a Platinum Coordinator at some point and received a card with a direct phone number. Others, have contacts at CTOs or WHQ (I know one person who flew 215K MQMs last year in mostly intl B/E, spending over $60,000 who has the cards of several PM Coordinators and the card of someone at Delta's Executive Offices albeit he never really needs to use these cards). Bottom line, while there is no "official" program, Delta recognizes and takes care of high revenue customers.
Old Jan 28, 2004, 2:23 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lavasushi:
Delta recognizes and takes care of high revenue customers. </font>
If this were really true, why am I (150k actual miles/year in full Y or J) flying AA all the time? I've never seen a Platinum Coordinator and Vicki Escarra's flunkies won't send me anything but form letters when I have a problem. I think that such special treatment is reserved for CEOs and the like, rather than "ordinary" high revenue pax.

DL used to be my favorite airline - 1.7 million miles worth. They have really blown it in the last few years.
Old Jan 28, 2004, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DFW DL:
If this were really true, why am I (150k actual miles/year in full Y or J) flying AA all the time? I've never seen a Platinum Coordinator and Vicki Escarra's flunkies won't send me anything but form letters when I have a problem. I think that such special treatment is reserved for CEOs and the like, rather than "ordinary" high revenue pax.

DL used to be my favorite airline - 1.7 million miles worth. They have really blown it in the last few years.
</font>
Delta, like many other companies sometimes just don't get it. They can spend mega millions of FF programs, but when someone like you exists, they should be making personal phone calls from time to time and kissing your A@s.

Sometimes they do not get it. Sort of like Bellsouth owed me $0.64 on a closed account. They continued to send me a statement for almost three years. I even wrote to a senior accounting type suggesting they run a simple extract of their billing system and clear accounts like this as I am sure they could have hundres of thousands.

Sometimes they just miss the easy stuff.
Old Jan 28, 2004, 9:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NoStressHere:
Delta, like many other companies sometimes just don't get it. They can spend mega millions on FF programs, but when someone like you exists, they should be making personal phone calls from time to time and kissing your A@s.</font>
That actually used to happen. I’m sure some other DL forum members can remember the days when the DL marketing folks kept tabs on them. Until around 1990 or so, I had a DL Marketing rep (Maureen ) out of LAX that dogged my every step. Invitations to all kinds of events...Rose Bowl..including VIP DL “refreshment” tent...private screenings of art exhibits along with the requisite cocktail party, etc., etc. Upgrades ??....absolutley no problem. Box seats to the Dodger’s? How many do you want? And so on and so forth.
The local marketing folk got fired in the early ‘90’s and I was left to drift. Fortunately for DL, I was so firmly cemented to them that I remained faithful.
But I feel to this day that jettisoning the marketing folks was an enormous strategic error.

Old Jan 29, 2004, 7:37 am
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
Cholula, those were the days.... when DL was fun to fly and cared about the PAX. When employees, management and PAX were all a big family. Now it seems each group hates each other and no one groups likes any of the groups.
Old Jan 29, 2004, 9:31 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JRF:
Now it seems each group hates each other and no one groups likes any of the groups.</font>
It is difficult to get a grip and grasp the gropes pertaining to sour grapes about gripes in reference to groups...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.