FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Starwood in Paris? [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2006, 10:20 pm
tnw

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt
Originally Posted by rhetor
Yeah, there are tons of Paris threads, but having looked through as many as I could find, none of the ask this basic question: "What is the best Starwood, in terms of value, in Paris?" There are comparisons between the Prince de Galles and Westins, comparisons between the two Le Meridiens, etc., but nothing really consolidated that suggests how they all stack up in terms of value. Obviously, the consensus is that the Prince de Galles is better than the Westin which is better than the Trianon which is better than the Sheraton CDG which is better than the two Le Meridien, but then the price of hotels reflects that. An additional question is "which of the Starwoods treats Platinums well and which include louge access/breakfast, etc.?"
I haven't stayed at the LeMeridiens, but I have stayed at the Prince de Galles on many occassions and just recently at the Westin Paris. I know the Westin has a lounge, but we were not offered access even though we are Platinum nor did we receive an upgrade. The Prince de Galles does not have a lounge. We have been upgraded to very nice suites on 4 or 5 occassions. Hope this info helps a bit.