FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is CO Lax on Serving Booze?
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2006, 5:41 pm
Playboy

Originally Posted by dlen111
i dont think there is an official rule except the one from the CO mag that says CO must serve the actual alcohol to its passengers and that it reserves he right to refuse service to anyone appearing intoxicated.

i have had double after double on flights, in addition to wine service and post dinner cognac service. i have been very drunk on planes, but have never shown it. ok maybe once or twice.

i have been on numerous flights where (pre 9/11) i had finished all the crown royal on board, and also (post 9/11) all the JD on the plane.

i once asked for a glass of wine during initial decent but said, "only if one is open." the FA said, "hey, ill open another bottle, but you better finish it." i said "bring it on," and she kept that glass filled until she had to be seated.

mission accomplished however. i did walk off that plane rather toasty.

i think its totally up to the FA and their opinion of your behavior.

i once had a FA lock me in the FC lavatory after id had a few doubles. they thought it was just hilarious. they continued serving me through out the flight, with out asking me. that was the drunkest iah-tpa flight ever.

i actually try to enjoy myself in FC especially with friends. its like being at a bar in a big fat seat, with your best friend(s) or family with free booze service.

why not cut it up as long as other passengers are not bothered.
I agree and that what's I'm going to do next Friday when I take a week long vacation to Florida. The only problem is that the first leg of the flight is in the morning and I don't really drink alcohol in the morning.