FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many things can go wrong with one flight?
Old Jun 17, 2006, 7:53 pm
BobH

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by justhere
Ok, so first of all, I don't blame NW for any of this but I just had to share my misfortunes with those that will feel my pain.

Last night I was flying NW165 from MEM to MSP and then connecting to PHX. My first clue should have been that we had a ground hold in MEM due to the wx in MSP. However, we pushed back just 20 mins late and were in the air 10 mins after that so I thought all was well. We actually turned final into MSP and that was the last good thing that happened. We had some pretty good bumps before turning final but nothing too dramatic. Suddenly notice that we are picking up speed and beginning a slow climb. Flight deck announces that t-storms were too close to airport and we needed to hold. Also told us that we had about 30 mins of hold fuel and then we would have to divert to Rochester.

The weather channel showed some footage today from MSP area -- dime size hail, man hole covers been pushed up by excessive water from the storm sewers....

Not a good night to be out and about, let alone up in the air....

Hey, it's summer in the midwest.

Bob H