FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CAPS-II ...yet another anti-passenger Delta Move?
Old Feb 28, 2003, 1:12 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just to clarify my post....I did not mean to attack Delta for this program. This program is not their creation, or their fault. I also realize it might be systemwide for all airlines within a few months.

However, my question was, why didnt Delta resist or refuse to be the first test subject for the program...given revenues and bookings are already precarious, and war looming to make things worse, why volunteer for something that will make business and customer satisfaction even harder? If I was DL management, I would have told the TSA to bugger off and find another volunteer. What could the Government have offered DL as compensation to be the first...or what could they have coerced them with?

My question simply related to the judgement of DL management in being the first, and cooperating so easily with a program bound to anger the majority of customers.