FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CAPS-II ...yet another anti-passenger Delta Move?
Old Feb 28, 2003, 12:44 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
CAPS-II ...yet another anti-passenger Delta Move?

With a CNN poll just released on Headline News showing respondents 85/15 AGAINST CAPS-II, and the majority of people actually recognizing this atrocity as an unwarranted invasion of privacy, isnt it interesting that the first company to roll this out is Delta.

After making such an effort to anger and alientate the "small percentage" of Medallion users with the program changes, now they want to anger and alienate the balance of their customers by actively profiling them.

Has everyone at Delta lost their minds? If the majority of the population is against the program, and given many will not fly because of it...why stick your neck out to adopt such a controversial new program?

It almost seems like "anti-marketing 101". If I was a Delta customer (which I am not any longer ), and against this plan...I would therefore avoid flying DL specifically to avoid the plan. Do they not see the risk of their bookings dropping? Or they expect all the other carriers to run to join them?

I think we can all deduce the three "secret" airports the program is being rolled out at. Obviously, it must be the three places they have a virtual lock on...Atlanta, Cincinatti and Salt Lake City. I would also offer up as alternate candidates, JFK and Ft. Lauderdale.

Does anyone else see this is an incredibly stupid move, from a customer loyalty standpoint?