FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Great Singapore Shopping sale tips please
Old Jun 9, 2006, 12:41 am
kluau88

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by luxury
Am in Singapore now (timed it so) to take advantage of opening weekend promotions. Not all shops are participating but many are. Among the higher end brands, Burberry and Hugo Boss were having large sales, with crowds to match, while Zegna and Shanghai Tang not participating.

One very good deal was that TUMI is offering 10% off everything in the store until Tuesday 30 May and considering Tumi rarely discounts NEW merchandise this can be a good deal for those who want/like Tumi.

I found there to be many credit/charge card related promos -- in Takashimaya at Ngee Ann and at Seiyu at Parco Bugis, certain departments were offering additional x% off if you used your Amex or local branded Visa or Mastercard.

Today hit Paragon, Ngee Ann, and Parco Bugis........ perhaps tomorrow will hit Suntec, Marina Square........... such a beatiful day!!
So happens I was in Singapore for couple days during the GSS. As for Shanghai Tang, their selection outside of HKG is mediocre at best. Not surprisingly I've found the best prices and selection to be in HKG at their Pedder Street location in Central. I was going to buy a Shanghai Tang Jacket in Singapore, but the price in HKG was about $80 cheaper. Don't know if this year will be the same, but I was in HNL last year in July and they were having a seasonal sale on the summer/spring stuff.