FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Here we go again... SAS to close heavy maintenance base in SVG
Old Jun 6, 2006, 7:18 am
view

It will be sad to see BTS (Braathens Technical Services) go at SVG. SAS has already decided to close it down, so it will be closed down sooner or later. Latest is BTS will go on strike on Thursday. I think that will only make SAS close them down sooner.

Apparently BTS is the only SAS maintenance facility able to do the D-check on 737 classics. So this services SAS will have to buy from other providers.

The BTS facility had a net profit of 10 million NOK last year on 98,5 MNOK revenues. Not bad at all, but I guess the closure fits better in the SAS economic picture for the future. SAS will have a very hard time convincing the workers and general public of this, and are already getting tons of bad press. In SVG the mayor and other notable figures are rallying to stop BTS closure.

Did I mention I saw a recruitment ad in the the newspaper this weekend for SAS Public Spokesperson? Previous person resigned..