FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Don't Mean to Ask a Dumb Question but....
Old Mar 14, 2003, 11:24 am
Salisbury5

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Don't Mean to Ask a Dumb Question but....

I am more or less a novice traveller compared to most of you. I normally hang out at the Air Canada board where for the most part, no question is too dumb to ask. (its the Canadian way).

But since I am travelling with wife and daughter in tow on Delta very soon (I haven't flown on Delta in about 20 years), I thought I would ask my neophyte question on this board and see if the Flyertalk friendly spirit extends to Delta FTers as well.

I bought deep discounted tickets on delta through Orbitz and as a result I will on my way home be travelling from Orlando, through Atlanta, to Syracuse. The ticket I bought only allows a 35 minute connection between flights in Atlanta. I checked at Delta.com, and if the flight had been today there would only have been 13 minutes to make the connection!

Though I will drag my little family as fast I can through Hartsfield's terminals, I doubt that there will be any way to make that connection. (When you have to go, you have to go, if you know what I mean).

Here comes the dumb part of my question:

What will happen exactly if I miss the connection?

There are two other flights leaving Atlanta that day for Syracuse (one on Atlantic Southeast). Will we automatically be protected on one of those later flights if, despite our herculean efforts, we miss the flight (assuming there is space)? Or will I have to quote some obscure FAA number in order to have a chance of ever seeing the Great White North again?

In summary, to all you Delta experts from Atlanta - what exactly do I do and what exactly do I ask for?

Many thanks from an Air Canada refugee.

[This message has been edited by Salisbury5 (edited 03-14-2003).]