FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A small courtesy appreciated
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2006, 1:11 pm
Teacher49
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 3mm Plat
I will say that I had some trouble with other tickets some time ago. After selecting "Choose by Schedule" and specifying a date and early "morning" I mistakenly chose red eyes offered at 11:00 p.m.

I will confess to doing this twice over the period of year of so ... ok, ok, slow learner. But I am not a professional, just a self-employed who has to do many, many tasks only some of which do I do often enough to get fluent with them.

Both times I called to ask for changes. Both times I was successful, but only after haggling over whether or not I should have to pay change fees. I contended that the way the I selected for schedule should not have produced choices that arrived the morning of the following day.

Both time the rep eventually saw my point. It took me "twice burned" but I became super careful on that point thereafter.

Now, there is an alert on aa.com when a flight is overnight marking these clearly. Either I was very persuasive or at least a few other people were making the same mistake.