FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is reasonable compensation for canceled flight that requires overnight stay?
Old Apr 1, 2006, 3:28 am
Prospero
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I hit the sack shortly after posting so apologies for not exploring the alternatives more closely last night. Looks like you've been offered some wonderful advice on alternative ways to get to SXB without wasting a complete day of your trip.

Can I throw one further question into the mix? Was your cancelled SN operated sector on an AA code? If so, and you still feel inclined that you're due some further compensation for out of pocket expenses and time, then this looks to me like a good old fashioned customer relations matter. If this is the case, then i'd get in touch with AA again. Don't be put off by the fact that you have a redemption ticket. You earned your miles fair and square, its a legitimate form of payment and you should treat it with no less regard than had you paid cash.