FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL 50% employee cut/layoff
View Single Post
Old Oct 17, 2002, 1:42 pm
Tolarian Wind

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
I had an irregular operations experience a week or so ago. Flight delayed into ATL, first by weather then and additional hour or so due to mechanical.

When we arrived there was 1 agent at the gate who had no information about anything. She simply told everyone to go to the tkt counter (we were in the T Coucourse)

There were three positions staffed and a friend of mine who was in the middle of the line said it took 90 minutes for them to get to him. I was 4th in line.

I had rebooked myself while sitting on the plane prior to departure for the following morning. My ticket needed to be reissued. What better place than the ticket counter to do this. The agent printed new E Docs for us and sent us on our way.

The next morning we arrived at the airport 90 minutes prior to departure and attempted to use the Etkt Kiosk. It failed and directed us to the tkt counter. There we discovered that the agent the night before had done nothing with our reservation with the exception of printing out a new hard copy Itin. The agent proceeded to spend the next 20 minutes fixing the reservations.

I fear this it what we all have in store for us.

TW