FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta {US-GA}
Old Mar 24, 2006, 6:38 am
KENNECTED
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by nickjadams
I work as a firefighter in this district. I know that this is a new Doubletree (yes it was a Radison previously), but I have never stayed there myself. The neighborhood is mostly a suburban commercial district. There are pockets of the 'hood to the west and to the north (one ore two miles), so don't go for any long midnight strolls by yourself.

There is also anouther Doubletree (Galleria), Embassy Suite (Galleria), Homewood (30339), two exits south that I am very familiar with (they may have an Atlanta or Smyrna address). Plus a brand spanking new Hilton Garden Inn (one mile east of the DT Marietta/slightly nicer neighborhood). They are all very good properties.

If you have the time take a short 5 minute ride southwest to Downtown Vinings, you won't be displeased (many fine restaurants). And don't forget to visit your friendly local firefighters (preferrably with brownies).

Nick
Well what part of Atlanta isn't hood?? The area is mostly office parks, I almost missed the property as its old "Radison Sign" is not eluminated.

It's your typical "suburban-esq" property. I wanted to stay at this property as I've stayed at the properties closer to the mall and wanted to check this one out since it was dirt cheap,I have friends in the area who have to work on Fraiday and i've never stayed here before.

Will give a full trip report with pics early next week!