Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta {US-GA}

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta {US-GA}

Old Jun 6, 2000, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta {US-GA}

Ok, I've never stayed here but why is this property so much cheaper than all the other Hilton's in Atlanta? I booked one night (out of a 3 nite stay) there for $69 but all the things that came with the room seemed "too good to be true". What is the catch?

I stayed at a Hyatt in this area for $89/nite last year and really liked it. Is this a "bad" property. Any info from anyone who has stayed there would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 6, 2000, 7:25 pm

I STAYED AT THIS PROPERTY LAST WEEK AND IT LEFT SOMETHING TO BE DESIRED. THEY LISTED IT IN THEIR BOOK AS A TOWERS PROPERTY AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE A HILTON INN, THE LOWEST ON THE HILTON FOOD CHAIN. I WAS NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT AT ALL. I WOULD RECOMMEND THE HILTON NORTHEAST OR THE HILTON GARDEN INN AT PERIMETER CTR OVER THIS PROPERTY. IT ALL DEPENDS DO YOU NEED THE HILTON STAY THAT BADLY? IF YOU DO TAKE THE NIGHT FOR THE RATE
AND GET THE DOUBLE DIP PTS

Old Jun 7, 2000, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In that area the Hilton Northeast is a nice upscale property. Well furnished but no towers or real actual functioning executive level as I remember. Fine restaurant and pool too. Near a large business park but rates are usually reasonable and a nice steal on weekends. Good BBQ down the road too.
Old Jun 7, 2000, 9:13 pm

Hilton Northwest (Atlanta):

A somewhat older property. Well maintained
with a friendly/helpful staff. Room is
still available even when I arrive very
late ... as it should be for a guaranteed
reservation. Housekeeping is good.

Hilton Northeast (Atlanta):

Walked me twice; almost three times. Clerk
was dumb enough to say, "we don't have any
rooms in your (corp) rate category." Not
something I want to hear at 1:30AM when I
am holding a guaranteed resv. We had one
heck of an argument.

For a somewhat newer property, the rooms
are rather worn. Wallpaper is peeling and
dirty. Housekeeping is a bit irregular.

-doug
Old Jun 8, 2000, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Thank You Dranz, MisterNice, and The Bandit. I appreciate the replies. Based on what you all wrote, I'll probably keep my reservation at the Northwest/Windy Hill location. I'm in town for 3 nites and staying at the Doubletree Galleria, Hilton, and the Embassy Suites Galleria.

Got to hit those 4 stays for the bonus

I think the Hilton Northwest/Windy Hill certainly won't kill me for the nite.

Anyone stayed at the Doubletree at the Galleria?

Thanks again everyone!

Falcon56
Old Jun 2, 2003, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

ATL - Hilton NW Windy Hill no longer with the chain?

I saw a rate of $47/nite on the Hilton web site last week for 14-17 August and sat on it for a minute. Went back yesterday to book it and it never came up when I typed in Atlanta properties.

Anyone have any ideas what happened?
Old Jun 3, 2003, 10:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Starwood Gold Radisson Elite
I just called and they are going to be a Hilton for one more week. The operator said they didn't know what they were going to be as they hadn't announced it yet. This was always a handy spot to stay in Atlanta for me and get Hhonors points.
Old Jun 5, 2003, 10:13 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SuperCat:
I just called and they are going to be a Hilton for one more week. The operator said they didn't know what they were going to be as they hadn't announced it yet. This was always a handy spot to stay in Atlanta for me and get Hhonors points.</font>
Then what happens? Are they joining another chain? becoming independent? demolishing the building? I liked that hotel too. They treated me well.

Old Mar 21, 2006, 8:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Question Doubletree Hotel Atlanta NW/Marietta

Has anyone stayed at this property? There is no information on FT about this property.

Could anyone give any recent experiences at this property?
Upgrade information?
Experiences with Rooms on high floors with lots of light (ie. xx07 series rooms are suites)
Miscellaneous info.

Last edited by KENNECTED; Mar 21, 2006 at 8:06 am
Old Mar 22, 2006, 9:25 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
Has anyone stayed at this property? There is no information on FT about this property.

Could anyone give any recent experiences at this property?
Upgrade information?
Experiences with Rooms on high floors with lots of light (ie. xx07 series rooms are suites)
Miscellaneous info.
You can't find anything because it has only been a Doubletree for a short time. I believe it was most recently a Radisson, so you might find something in that forum. I have never stayed (about 10 miles from home), but I have been to a number of events there. It is located at the entrance to a large office park and is close to shopping and restaurants. My favorite buffalo wing place is walking distance...
Old Mar 22, 2006, 3:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by aabowman
You can't find anything because it has only been a Doubletree for a short time. I believe it was most recently a Radisson, so you might find something in that forum. I have never stayed (about 10 miles from home), but I have been to a number of events there. It is located at the entrance to a large office park and is close to shopping and restaurants. My favorite buffalo wing place is walking distance...

Thank you and I promise to do a complete trip report upon my return!
Old Mar 23, 2006, 7:33 am

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
Doubletree Hotel Atlanta NW/Marietta Trip Reports and Reviews

We stayed there one night earlier this month - because we were able to find an award for a reduced number of points.

It was a very pleasant property and we had no complaints. I noticed it was nicely landscaped so that you weren't really aware how close you were to the Interstate.

Yes - I believe it had been a Radisson - it had the telltale banner in place of signs!

I was hoping we could use our (Hilton Gold) breakfast benefit for at least a discount on a breakfast in the restaurant, but we were told it was only good for a pastry and drink from the counter service.

Again - it was only a one night stay so not much else to go on...
Old Mar 23, 2006, 6:10 pm

New Doubletree

I work as a firefighter in this district. I know that this is a new Doubletree (yes it was a Radison previously), but I have never stayed there myself. The neighborhood is mostly a suburban commercial district. There are pockets of the 'hood to the west and to the north (one ore two miles), so don't go for any long midnight strolls by yourself.

There is also anouther Doubletree (Galleria), Embassy Suite (Galleria), Homewood (30339), two exits south that I am very familiar with (they may have an Atlanta or Smyrna address). Plus a brand spanking new Hilton Garden Inn (one mile east of the DT Marietta/slightly nicer neighborhood). They are all very good properties.

If you have the time take a short 5 minute ride southwest to Downtown Vinings, you won't be displeased (many fine restaurants). And don't forget to visit your friendly local firefighters (preferrably with brownies).

Nick
Old Mar 24, 2006, 6:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nickjadams
I work as a firefighter in this district. I know that this is a new Doubletree (yes it was a Radison previously), but I have never stayed there myself. The neighborhood is mostly a suburban commercial district. There are pockets of the 'hood to the west and to the north (one ore two miles), so don't go for any long midnight strolls by yourself.

There is also anouther Doubletree (Galleria), Embassy Suite (Galleria), Homewood (30339), two exits south that I am very familiar with (they may have an Atlanta or Smyrna address). Plus a brand spanking new Hilton Garden Inn (one mile east of the DT Marietta/slightly nicer neighborhood). They are all very good properties.

If you have the time take a short 5 minute ride southwest to Downtown Vinings, you won't be displeased (many fine restaurants). And don't forget to visit your friendly local firefighters (preferrably with brownies).

Nick
Well what part of Atlanta isn't hood?? The area is mostly office parks, I almost missed the property as its old "Radison Sign" is not eluminated.

It's your typical "suburban-esq" property. I wanted to stay at this property as I've stayed at the properties closer to the mall and wanted to check this one out since it was dirt cheap,I have friends in the area who have to work on Fraiday and i've never stayed here before.

Will give a full trip report with pics early next week!
Old Mar 27, 2006, 6:47 pm

Where is the trip report?

How was it?

Nick
Marietta, GA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.