FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Ireland {IRL}
Old Mar 17, 2006, 6:23 pm
delpreston

Conrad

In the Conrad Dublin now. For a quick visit for St. Patrick's Day.

Getting There
Took at taxi from the airport to the Conrad, 25 Euros, and the driver was probably the best tour guide you'll find in the city. He knew it all and was thrilled to give a history and informational on the city he truly loves.

Reception
Checked in at 9am, come 10am they secured a room. No breakfast coupon, no upgrade (but I was happy to have a bed at 10am after red-eye flight), no chocolates, no wine. On day 2 after reading Flyer Talk I called the Reception desk at midnight and they quickly ran four breakfast coupons up to the room for the last two days of the stay.

The Room
Room was on the medium to small side, but very clean and very comfortable. Bathroom all marble with very nice shower experience. Shower also has a detachable head in bathtub. Excellent water pressure all around in everything from toilet to sink to tub. Very comfy down comforter, plenty of decorative pillows, but not enough sleepy-do pillows. Decent view of the city.

Dining
The breakfast food at Alex's Restaurant was nice. Food service wasn't intially slow as reported by many other posters, but had to ask for extra glasses of water and the bill. I later found that slow service plagued the whole city, not sure if it's a Dublin thing or not. I found also everywhere you go that you have to ask specifically for the bill.

The Staff
Staff was friendly and the umbrella in the closet came in very handy in the Dublin rain.