FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 15, 2006, 7:04 pm
AlexB

Programs: DL, HH, & IHG Dia; Bonvoy Titan
Reality Check

Well, I hate to burst everyone's bubble here, but I just returned from the Churchill and was quite disappointed. It was my first non-U.S. Hyatt stay.

- At check-in, they did not have me listed as a Diamond member, but rather as a mere Gold. This despite having booked on hyatt.com.

- No Diamond Amenity offered. At check-out, when I asked again if the hotel offered a Diamond Amenity, the clerk did not know what I was talking about. After consulting with a manager, he told me an amenity was only offered if you presented a voucher at check-in. (Was he thinking of the Platinum voucher?) He deducted the cost of Internet service as a goodwill gesture.

- No rooms on Regency Club floors available, therefore was assigned a plain-Jane room on the third floor. The drapes were riddled with holes in the shape of cat claws: some kitty must have been crawling up them. Of course, following non-U.S. policy, access to the Regency Club was denied.

- The sole Diamond benefit received was free breakfast in the restaurant.

For one-third the price, I could have stayed at the Marriott Maida Vale in a nicer, larger room.

Beware, YMMV at this property. It's not all roses.