FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Atlanta Airport Parking
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2002, 7:54 am
theDeltaFlyer

Location: DC ... NW Plat Elite, Hilton HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Diamond, Avis PS+, happily a _former_ DL PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:

Did you notice a few posts back how he refers to government, law-enforcement and airport-security personnel as "hard-working citizens" -- conjuring up all of the warm and fuzzy feelings associated with that expression? I don't agree at all with that characterization.
</font>
If they were so 'hard-wroking' 9/11 wouldn't have happened. Yea, I know, security was privately run before 9/11. But the same individauls are the ones who are now getting the federal welfare, er, paycheck for doing the same job ... poorly. In reward for their outstanding service the now get larger, federal paychecks and federal job protection (they're no 'at-will' employees anymore). What a way to encourage them ot be "hard-working" citizens.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:

Mindless obedience to authority is going to do more damage to America than the terrorists could ever do.

Bruce
</font>
Envy/hatred of our way of life is why it is a target. Our way of life is exactly what they want to destroy. Not our buildings, not our airports, not even us, the poeple themselves are inconsequential ... irrelevant.

I, for one, am not willing to give it up just to remove the bulls-eye. If you really feel we should then you should go find the nearest dictatorship, where the total control of your life will, I'm sure, make you feel safe. Hey, America isn't for everyone.

edited to add a side comment: It amazes me that a Republican (you know, the smaller, less intrusive government party) is forming two new huge agencies ... the TSA and the HSA. Was'up with that?

[This message has been edited by theDeltaFlyer (edited 06-21-2002).]