FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Atlanta Airport Parking
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2002, 6:40 am
bdschobel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Even though I have too little self-control, I was more or less bragging to rssrsvp a couple of days ago about how I have resisted the impulse to engage in a useless dialogue with jimpop. Well, now I can't resist:

Did you notice a few posts back how he refers to government, law-enforcement and airport-security personnel as "hard-working citizens" -- conjuring up all of the warm and fuzzy feelings associated with that expression? I don't agree at all with that characterization. In my view -- and jimpop will be sure to disagree -- these people are just loving their greatest opportunity ever to bully travelers, who for years generally ignored security personnel, and otherwise engage in a sort of class warfare that only the blind can fail to see. If they are working hard, it's mostly to abuse us, not because of some marvelous dedication to "keeping us safe" -- and if I hear that expression one more time I may be ill.

Mindless obedience to authority is going to do more damage to America than the terrorists could ever do.

Bruce