FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Atlanta Airport Parking
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2002, 11:40 pm
theDeltaFlyer

Location: DC ... NW Plat Elite, Hilton HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Diamond, Avis PS+, happily a _former_ DL PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NoStressHere:
You are missing the point. If a vehicle drives up to the curb and pushes "the button", there is NOTHING TO MANAGE. It is all over. The police report would read something like " I saw this very suspicous vehicle drive up, and immediately began to call for support and then it blew up, driver and all....".</font>
OKC (home-grown terroists) aside, the current modis operandi of extremists is just as NSH describes. Don't believe me? Review the news from the last 2 days.

Why we continue to allow ourselves to be inconvenienced for *no* net gain in safety is beyond me. Gotta keep those feds feeling useful in their jobs, I guess.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NoStressHere:
As to walking 100 feet... why should perfectly good parking spaces not be used? By the way, the Feds have allowed some (any?) cities to use these close in spaces if someone "looks" inside your vehicle as you drive in. Of course, they have no idea what is inside your packages, but they look anyways.</font>
Or under the car ... has any ever looked underneath?? Don't these idiots ever go to the movies??