FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Interesting places for a 1 1/2-2 day visit.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 9:49 am
WBurcham

Interesting places for a 1 1/2-2 day visit.

I have a few mid-week (Wednesday afternoon- Friday night) days left to take a trip in either March or April and wanted some suggestions on places either in the UK or Europe that'd be great to visit.

I'm a relatively cultured 19 year old (20 in a month) and have seen the following cities:
Nice, Bordeaux, Le Harve, Paris, Barcelona, Seville, Madrid, Malaga, Gibraltar, Marakeech, Fez, Amsterdam, Den Haag, Milan, Rome, Venice, Pompeii, Naples, Monaco, Frankfurt, Munich, Dubrovnik, Corfu, Prague, Mallorca, Brussels, Luxembourg, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Oslo, Stockholm, Tallin, St. Petersburg. I've already booked trips including: PRague, Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Lisbon and Zurich.

Basically by the 20th birthday i'll have seen every western european country (save Andorra) and almost every eastern country. I would love to see more before I head back to the US for university in May.

In the UK:
Most of the Southeast and Southwest, London, Cork, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow. I'm thinking of tying to see either Liverpool or Manchester for the day when my friend visits for my birthday. Any UK suggestions?