FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Use oneworld status for early boarding group then switch to no-status AA account?
Old Feb 25, 2006, 9:48 am
mvoight
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by gleff
I don't have any status with American, but do have status with another oneworld carrier. Going to pick up a cheap AA domestic flight, but...

I'd like to use my oneworld status for lounge access (no problem) and early boarding (so I have to enter my oneworld partner FF #, right?).

But the trick is that I'd rather accumulate the miles from the flight in my no-status AA account.

(1) Can I board early just flashing a oneworld emerald card, or do i need the boarding group printed on the boarding pass?

(2) if the latter, is there any way to use status for early boarding from one carrier but accrue in another? I assume if I give the FF# with status I'll get the boarding group that I want, but that if I then switch FF programs at the gate they'll print a new boarding pass with a new boarding group? Or can I just switch numbers without changing the boarding group?

(3) will the early boarding apply to a companion on the same PNR as well?

Perhaps pedantic questions, and apologies if this has been answered before. Thanks!

1. Yes
2. N/A since, you are going to be OK with using your card to board early
3. Yes, you can have a companion board with you