FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 16, 2006, 5:52 am
kawoh

Gh

DIamonds will get a regency club floor room, i think about level 25+, rooms are essentially no different to other floors, just higher up and you'll get a DVD player in the room and perhaps a nicer TV. Rooms are relatively small/hotel room in size (esp compared to the PH!), bathrooms have tubs and sep shower. toiletries are standard AU hyatt fare (pretty avg, though occasionally they stock Aveda products which are nicer - or ask housekeeping for them). Everytime I've stayed always get a stock stnadard local vic bottle of wine and 2 fruits (typically a couple of pears, always).

Regency club is excellent, food throughout the day, free wireless internet in the club as well as 2 PC's also free. sep bathroom in lounge, full hot selection in mornings with sweeping views of melbourne skyline, bacon, eggs, salmon, fruits incl strawberries, danish pastries, muffins, cerals, breads, juices - a great feast. This is followed by danishes after 10 or 11am, and then cakes during the day followed by fresh scones and cream about 3pm or so, then about 6pm the hot food comes out and drinks are open 6-8pm or so. they are very strict when it closes and before drinks open. If your room is on the side facing the skyline main part of the city and is near the RC lounge you'll get good internet wireless access for free in your room - 3001, 3002, 3201, 3202. etc. Never expect a suite as a diamond at the property - I stayed there about 20 times last year, not once was i given one, and i've only had a corner room down the end once, only a tad larger with windows on two walls. I've incorrectly received a gift of a book and choc coated strawberries once - that was a nice surprise, but it's always the bottle of wine. Water pressure is not great. you get free gym access as a GP member. Gym is awesome - pool, and it's actually a commercial gym too. Though the PH pool is really quite beautiful and the gym is a cozy size with modern equipment. I choose to stay at the GH for a better rate and closer to CBD for work, the PH is truly one of the finest properties in Australia, GH is just a big commercial property squeezing as many rooms in as possible. You get free apples near the lifts on all RC floors. Not much else to say. Points credit a little bit slow here - but online request ensures they come up within a week of the stay if you ask online post stay. P.S> if you're styaing a fri, sat or sun - register for the 3k bonus points promo.