FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis Aspen, Colorado 2001 - 2006 [Master Thread]
Old Jan 30, 2006, 3:37 pm
sc flier

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by Flailey
though if you have any restaurant recommendations in Aspen by all means lemme know. Like I said last time I was there was 10 years ago and I was a poor college kid. Pretty clueless on the town in general.
One benefit you get as a guest of the SR Aspen is that you can have dinner at the Caribou Club on their corporate membership. You can dine there once per stay. You pay a fixed price for the meal (I think it was $75 when we went in March 2005), plus drinks and any additional dining options that you choose (such as an additional order of their heavenly cheese bread). After dinner, you are welcome to stick around for dancing or drinks.

Dinner here provided the best service that we've ever had. Food was excellent. Excellent wine. Most importantly, my fiance accepted my surprise wedding proposal here. If we ever go again, I'd probably opt for reservations at around 8:00.

The night before was a great meal at Cache Cache. Also a strong recommendation. Wherever you choose, definitely make your dinner reservations in advance of your trip.

Breakfast in Olives is not to be missed if it's included in your room rate or as a Plat perk. Would likely run you about $32/person if you have to pay out of pocket, though.

We really liked the SR Aspen, but I attribute its price and category to its location more than to the property itself. However, we're bargain hunters and have never shelled out $300+ cash for any hotel room. We stayed at the SR on a Free Weekend promo award when the going rate was $830. Then we moved to the Cordillera Resort & Spa near Beaver Creek for just $150 (a rare find). We actually enjoyed the Cordillera more than the SR, but it was a close debate.